1.2

Fatal Design Flaw at ball joint.Two ball joints connect the clip to the tuner head via a curved armature (see photo below).

These plastic joint prongs inner dimension are such that they provide constant pressure to grip the armature ball. Because of this; normal use over a short time; and poor plastic material, they break. There is no way to repair this critical joint by conventional glues or other creative means. Without this connection, the tuner no longer clips to the instrument, defeating the original intention for use.

The only other option is to replace it at original cost.A poor option, and likely by intentional designed obsolescence.

Review about: Snark Sn-14 Guitar Tuner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Metal spring in the clip.

Comments

I should have checked this product review before I bought my new Snark Tuner.A prong on the back of the device seemed to disintegrate in front of my eyes, the second time I used it and during a performance; leaving me with two unusable pieces.

It is a good design, but the type and quality of the plastic is clearly inadequate for the ball joint.This negates all the other great features of this tuner.

I wonder if anyone has received any repair, replacement or service from Snark?